Redeeming rebates at Best Buy just got easier! Simply have the Best Buy cashier scan your custom Ibotta QR Code on your phone:
- From your Featured Screen, tap Find Rebates in the Navigation Bar. Select Best Buy and add any desired rebates.
- Tap Redeem in the Navigation Bar and tap on Best Buy – create your customized Best Buy Ibotta QR Code.
- Go shopping! Please make sure to review the rebate details for exclusions.
- Once at checkout, present the QR Code to the cashier before providing payment.
- Verify that "Ibotta" was printed on the receipt to confirm your rebate submission.
- That’s it! Your purchase will show a "pending" state within 24 hours in the Activity Feed of your app. We’ll verify your purchase within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is my first time using my Best Buy QR Code. What should I do if I did not scan the QR code during checkout? Will I still receive credit?
Unfortunately, we are only able to accept submissions that go through the QR process. If you did not scan the Best Buy code during checkout, we will be unable to credit you for the rebate.
What if I want to exchange a purchase?
If you decide to exchange an item or several items from you Best Buy purchase, please present your QR code again to the cashier and the exchange should be noted automatically. If you have any issues, please detail the situation in a request form to our Support Team.
If I return the item and make no exchange, will I still receive Ibotta rebate credit?
No. The credit for a previous Best Buy purchase will be deducted from your account.
It has been more than 72 hours, and I have not received an update regarding my purchase from Best Buy?
If the rebate does not show as "pending" within 72 hours it may be a result of the following:
- Your Best Buy QR Code may not have been scanned
- The offer was not added to your account before your QR Code was scanned
- A non-Ibotta discount QR Code was scanned (only 1 QR Code may be scanned per purchase)
- We did not receive your transaction information from Best Buy
If you believe you should have received credit for your purchase, please send a request form to our Support Team for further assistance. Please include pictures of the entire receipt (from top edge to bottom edge) so we may further review your purchase. Unfortunately, if your code was not scanned at the checkout, we will be unable to credit you for the rebate.