Prior to redeeming with a Preferred Partner, you must link your loyalty card or account. Linking your loyalty card or account allows Ibotta to receive an electronic submission of your receipt which we automatically review for credit (within 48 hours).
Distinguishing a Preferred Partner is quite easy. Tap Find Offers, tap Grocery, and tap All at the top. Scroll through the list of retailers and tap on your favorites. Once in the retailer gallery, look at the Navigation Bar; if you see Use Card and an image of a card on the Redeem button, you are prompted to link your loyalty card, OR you see "Connect [Retailer] Card" at the top of the gallery, that retailer is a Preferred Retailer.
Here's how to link your card:
- From the retailer gallery, tap "Use Card" on the Redeem button, tap Add Card - OR -
- From Home, tap Redeem, tap All, find your retailer, tap Add Card. [Note: If the retailer does not prompt you to add or use your card, the retailer is not a Preferred Partner.]
- TIP: The loyalty card number provided on receipts is usually not a complete loyalty number. We highly suggest scanning or entering the number directly from the card.
Here’s how to link your account:
- From the retailer gallery, tap “Connect [Retailer] Card” at the top of the gallery.
- If you have a retailer loyalty account, tap “Log In”.
- If you do not already have a retailer loyalty account, tap “Create [Retailer.com] Account”.
- Input the requested information and be sure to link your existing loyalty card or alternate ID (if you have one).
- NOTE: Only one [Retailer] account may be linked to an Ibotta account at a time. If you share an account with friends or family, we suggest advising those users to create and link their own account to Ibotta.
PRO-TIP: Please remember that in order to redeem with a Preferred Partner, you must add all of your offers PRIOR to shopping and you must scan the card that you have linked to your Ibotta account at the time of check out.