When you invite someone new to Ibotta, this Referred Saver must meet and complete the Referral program terms & conditions in order for you to earn cash back for their referral.
The troubleshooting steps below will help you and the Referred Saver meet and complete the requirements to receive a referral bonus. As you review the troubleshooting steps below, please talk with your Referred Saver to see if they need any help completing the required steps.
1. Is your Referred Saver sharing their device with another Saver?
- Your Referred Saver must be the first and only person to sign up with Ibotta on their own device.
- If your Referred Saver is sharing their device with another Saver (whether it is you or a family member), you will not receive cash for the referral.
2. Does your Referred Saver have a previous account with Ibotta?
- Referral bonuses are granted for new Savers only. If your Referred Saver had an Ibotta account before and then created a new account using your referral code, the referral is not eligible for a referral bonus.
3. Did your Referred Saver use your referral code?
- When a friend enters your referral code when creating their account, you will receive a notification that says they signed up with your code. This is your first signal that everything is going smoothly.
- If your Referred Saver did not use your referral code when signing up, unfortunately, our team is unable to add it for you after the account has been created or at a later date.
- If they manually input your code, make sure they enter your code exactly as it appears to ensure that your referral is designated to you.
4. Did your Referred Saver redeem a qualifying offer?
- In order for you to get cash with the referral, your Referred Saver must redeem a qualifying offer.
- A qualifying offer includes Any Brand or Any Receipt offers.
- Online Shopping transactions are not considered a qualifying offer until the offer pending period is complete and the offer is applied to a new Saver’s account.
If you are unsure of why you did not receive cash for your referral after reviewing these troubleshooting tips, please contact our Care Team for further assistance.
Looking for Ibotta Help, but Faster?
Every day our savers find fast assistance in the Ibotta Community. Check it out to see if your question might be answered more immediately by other Ibotta users. Search your topic or log in to leave a question for the Community. Replies typically come through in a few hours or less!
Teamwork & Referrals