When you invite a new user to Ibotta, the new user must complete a couple of things before you will be credited for their referral. Check the troubleshooting steps below and talk with your new user to see if they need any help completing the steps.
- Is your referral sharing their device with another user?
- If your referral is sharing their device with another user, whether it is you or a family member, you will not receive credit for the referral.
- The new user must be the first and only Ibotta user on their own device.
- Does your referral have a previous account with Ibotta?
- Referral bonuses are granted for new users only. If the user had an Ibotta account before and then created a new account using your referral code, the referral is not eligible for a referral bonus.
- Did your referral use your referral code?
- When a new user uses your referral code when creating their account, you will receive a notification that says they signed up with your code. This is your first signal that everything is going smoothly.
- If the new user did not use your referral code when signing up, unfortunately, our Team is unable to add it for you after the account has been created or at a later date.
- If the new user manually input your code, make sure that they enter your code exactly as it appears to ensure that your referral is designated to you.
- Did your referral redeem an offer?
- In order for you to be credited with the referral, the new user must complete a Brand Name redemption. Any Brand, Any Item, and Any Receipt redemptions do not qualify towards the referral bonus.
- If the new user redeemed an Online Shopping offer, your referral bonus will be credited to your account after pending period of the online shopping offer has completed.
If you are unsure of why you did not receive credit for your referral after reviewing these troubleshooting tips, please write our Care Team who can assist you and possibly provide additional information.
Teamwork & Referrals