Redeeming offers with a loyalty card is a bit different than sending a receipt through the Ibotta app.
Some retailers, called Preferred Partners, are connected to Ibotta through the retailer's loyalty card. This means that instead of taking pictures of your receipt and sending them to Ibotta for review, your receipt is electronically sent to Ibotta by the retailer. How easy is that?
NOTE: Not all retailers are Preferred Partners and do not need a loyalty card linked prior to purchase. If you look at a particular retailer's gallery, you will be prompted to add a card OR you will see the image of a card on the Redeem/Use Card button on the Navigation Bar.
Use the steps below for your purchases with a Preferred Partner:
- Please make sure that your retailer is a Preferred Partner and link your loyalty card. For more information on this step, check below.
- Before you go shopping at the store, add all of your offers to your account.
- We ask that you add your offers PRIOR to shopping because your receipt will automatically be sent to Ibotta with ALL offers that have been added.
- After your offers have been added and you are ready to check out at the store, scan your loyalty card or provide your phone number at the register.
- NOTE: It is up to you to ensure that the cashier scans your particular card or enters your phone number. If you forget to scan your card or the cashier scans a different card before yours, please make sure that you get a printed receipt. Our Care Team is happy to provide one time courtesy reviews for issues like this.
- Ibotta will electronically receive and review your purchase. This process takes approximately 48 hours.
- You will not receive a pending notification like you will with normal receipt submission. If you do not receive a receipt notification at the end of the 48 hours, please write us so that we can take a look.
PRO-TIP: Please be sure to get and hold onto a physical receipt from the retailer. Some times, with loyalty submissions, the receipt information may be incomplete or not have enough information for you to receive credit for a specific item (e.g., a new product UPC may not have a product name resulting in a missed credit). Therefore, having your physical receipt helps our Care Team review your electronic and paper receipts so that you can get the correct credit.