Receipt qualifications outline what must be present on a paper receipt and guidelines for images that are acceptable for in-store offer cash back.
When you shop in-store, you will be given an itemized receipt printed from the register. This paper receipt is what you will use to submit for cash back at Ibotta.
Digital and e-receipts are not eligible or valid for in-store cash back.
Always be sure to Add (+) your offers to Your list before submitting pictures of your receipt!
Receipts submitted for in-store offer cash back must include:
- Store name
- Store logo
- Store location
- Date and time
- Subtotal and total
- Complete itemized list of all purchases
Receipts submitted for in-store offer cash back must be:
- A paper receipt printed from the point of sale (POS) system at the register
- Submitted within 7 days of purchase
- Clearly readable (try placing your receipt on a smooth flat surface and be sure there are no folds or wrinkles creating shadows)
If your receipt does not meet the above qualifications, you may be prompted to resubmit the receipt. Be sure to follow all of the guidelines listed here. Additionally, Ibotta recommends saving your paper receipts until you receive your cash back.
If your original submission, or resubmission, does not meet these qualifications, unfortunately, it will not be eligible for cash back.
When should I resubmit the receipt?
Resubmit your receipt if is still within 7 days of purchase:
|The receipt image is blurry or unreadable.||Place your receipt on a stable surface, tap the screen to focus if needed.|
|The receipt is wrinkled or folded.||Unfold the receipt, smooth out the wrinkles, and place it on a flat surface.|
|The entire receipt was not captured.||Use the viewfinder to line up the edges and add more sections if the receipt is too long.|
|Information is missing from the receipt.||Please make sure the receipt includes an itemized list of all purchases and add more sections if the receipt is too long.|
|The receipt was submitted under the wrong retailer.||Resubmit the receipt under the correct retailer.|
Receipts submitted for in-store offer cash back cannot be:
- An emailed grocery pickup & delivery receipt, digital receipt, e-receipt, screenshot, or printed at home
- If you would like more information on how to earn cash back through online Grocery pickup & delivery purchases, check out this helpful article: How do I earn cash back for my Grocery pickup & delivery purchases?
- Folded, cut, taped together, obscured, hidden, written over, tampered with, or altered
- A receipt shared with another Ibotta Saver
- A receipt in which returns were made or is a returned/exchanged transaction
If your original submission, or resubmission, is any of the above, unfortunately, it will not be eligible for cash back.
Need more help?
If you made an in-store purchase but your paper receipt does not meet Ibotta's receipt qualifications, unfortunately, it will not be eligible for cash back.
Printing errors or marks can prevent the system from successfully reading the paper receipt. Additionally, if you feel your receipt meets Ibotta qualifications and was rejected in error, reach out for further assistance and chat with Carlotta, our Ibotta Care chatbot here: I need help with a receipt submission.
Ibotta General Education