Ibotta uses phone number verification to add a layer of security to your account that no one else has access to.
Why do I need phone verification?
Phone verification keeps your Ibotta earnings and payment information safe and secure. We may ask you to verify your device before you use certain features in the app or withdraw your Ibotta earnings.
How does phone verification work?
Before you use Pay with Ibotta, manage your payment methods, or withdraw your Ibotta earnings, we’ll ask you to verify your phone number. Simply enter your phone number and we’ll send you a text message with a verification code. Enter the verification code in the app to complete your phone verification. This process lets us know you’re using a valid number and you have access to that phone.
What if I don't have a cell phone number?
If you don't have a cell phone number, you can enter a landline number and we’ll give you a call with a verification code. If you don't have either, we recommend waiting to withdraw your funds. We do not recommend using another individual's number. Remember that a phone number may be linked to one account ONLY.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
If you ever lose your device, we recommend contacting your cell phone carrier and notifying them of the incident. Your cell phone carrier will disable your lost or stolen device. After they have been notified, you should be able to set up a new device with the same phone number. We may ask you to re-verify your account when you log into the app on your new device for the first time.
You may also need to reach out to Ibotta Care to change the phone number on your account.
Phone Verification FAQ:
- How will Ibotta use my phone number?
- Ibotta will only use your phone number for phone verification. We’ll never share your number with any other party, or text you promotional content without your explicit consent. Ibotta will never call you.
- Will I be charged for Ibotta's text message?
- No. Outside of normal/standard data and text messaging rates associated with your device plan, Ibotta will not charge you to receive a verification text code.
- What if I enter the wrong number?
- Your phone number won’t be saved to your account until it’s verified. If you enter the wrong number, just follow the prompts in the app to enter the number again.
- How often will I need to verify my phone number?
- Although you shouldn’t have to verify your phone number on a regular basis, we may ask you to re-verify your phone number based on your app activity in order to keep your account safe.
- What if I need to change the number linked to my account?
- Please contact Ibotta Care to update the phone number associated with your account.
**Please note: Ibotta respects the privacy of your personal information. Your phone number will never be shared with any third-party websites or services.**
Account & Troubleshooting