When you make a purchase at some of our retailers, you will scan your receipt in order to send us the receipt and receive cash back.
Tips for taking useable pictures:
- For best results while sending receipt picture, place the receipt on a smooth flat surface, take the picture straight on, and eliminate any shadowing on the receipt as best you can.
- Also, don’t worry if you take overlapping sections – just make sure to include all the information on the receipt.
- If you have very long receipts that exceed the limit of 15 photos, you may omit sections of the receipt that do not include Ibotta offers. Please do include all receipt pictures with the following required information:
- retailer logo
- total after-tax
- date of purchase
- and any portions of the receipt which show Ibotta offers you want to redeem
Steps to submit receipt picture submissions:
1. In the app, locate the retailer you have shopped with and tap Upload Receipt.
2. Take pictures of your receipt using the line guides to ensure the entire receipt is captured from top to bottom. To scan a receipt barcode during the redemption process, hover your device's camera over the barcode or QR code on the receipt until the app accepts the barcode.
3. Take your first picture.
Look to the top of the screen to view the previous photo. You can see where your last photo left off.
4. Choose the “Add Section” button to continue taking pictures further down on the receipt until you’ve reached the bottom.
Also, don’t worry if you take overlapping sections – just make sure to include all the information on the receipt.
5. If prompted, select and scan any product barcodes for your offers.
We will receive an electronic submission of your receipt information and items, and our system will review your receipt within 48 hours.
Offers & Redeeming Offers