What are pending periods?
Online shopping purchases will be placed in a pending period for varying amounts of time.
The pending period allows Ibotta to verify your purchase with the retailer and abides by their return or processing period before issuing offer cash back.
Where can I find pending periods?
You can check the offer page Details to see how long purchases from your retailer are supposed to be pending. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Online shopping category or search for the retailer on the Home page
- Tap the retailer
- If given the option, tap Online for Online shopping offers
- Tap the offer
- Review How to get cash back in the Details on the offer page
Please keep in mind, that the Details may state, "Get cash back in X days." Your purchase may post early or right on time.
What if it's past the pending period?
If your purchase is pending longer than it is supposed to, and you believe it qualifies for cash back:
- Please wait another 24 hours before getting assistance to ensure your purchase has not already been completed and offer cash back issued
- After waiting another 24 hours, chat with Carlotta, our Ibotta Care chatbot here: I'm having an issue with an Online Shopping order
- When prompted to click Contact Ibotta Care while chatting with Carlotta, she will help you create a ticket and send it to the Care team on your behalf
- Please make sure you send us either a PDF or screenshot of your order confirmation when you fill out the form, and we will be here to help