If there was a relevant change to or error with your Online shopping purchase, the cash back amounts from Online shopping offers may be reversed. Below are common reasons an Online shopping offer was reversed.
Your Online shopping offer may have been reversed if...
1. The purchase was returned. If your purchase was returned in full, your pending earnings will be canceled or your cash back amount will be reversed.
- If a portion of your purchase was returned, it is possible that the entire purchase will appear as canceled. If that happens, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot. We can assist you with the remainder of the purchase which was not returned and is still eligible for cash back. It may also be possible that your pending or posted earnings will be adjusted for the returned item, in which case you will not need to submit a request to our team.
- If any or all of your purchase needs to be exchanged, we suggest starting the process in the Ibotta app if possible. If your purchase is canceled after an exchange, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot.
2. The purchase was canceled by you or the retailer. If the purchase was canceled, the pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed.
|3. The purchase contained unapproved coupons or discounts. The pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed, even if you did not cancel your purchase.|
- This is at the discretion of the retailer who may impose restrictions on eligible coupons that can be applied to your purchase.
4. The purchase contains an item or more that is not eligible for cash back. The pending cash back will be canceled or your credited amount will be reversed, even if you did not cancel your purchase.
- This is at the discretion of the retailer who may impose offer exclusions in the offer details.
5. There is an error that Ibotta received from the retailer. This may happen by accident on the retailer's side resulting in incorrect information about your Ibotta offer cash back.
- If you receive a canceled message and did not cancel your purchase and did not apply any coupons, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot.
- A pending offer can be reversed but should not affect your account balance as the cash back hasn't been received.
- Earnings can also be reversed which will affect your account balance for the amount of the offer.
- A bonus that is associated with a reversed Online shopping offer can also be reversed which will have an effect on your account balance if the bonus is found to not be completed.
In any case, please save your confirmation email for reference and if you need to submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot. Be sure to include that information in your message.
Looking for Ibotta Help, but Faster?
Every day our savers find fast assistance in the Ibotta Community. Check it out to see if your question might be answered more immediately by other Ibotta users. Search your topic or log in to leave a question for the Community. Replies typically come through in a few hours or less!