Online Shopping offers can be reversed for a variety of reasons.
Here are some reasons why your Online Shopping offer was reversed:
- The purchase was returned. If your purchase was returned in full, your pending earnings will be canceled or your cash back amount will be reversed.
- If a portion of your purchase was returned, it is possible that the entire purchase will appear as canceled. If that happens, please write our Team who can assist you with the remainder of the purchase. It may also be possible that your pending or posted earnings will be adjusted for the returned item, in which case you will not need to write our Team.
- If any or all of your purchase needs to be exchanged, we suggest starting the process in the Ibotta app if possible. If your purchase is canceled after an exchange, please write our Team who can assist you.
- The purchase was canceled by you or the retailer. If the purchase was canceled, the pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed.
- The purchase contained unapproved coupons or discounts. The pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed, even if you did not cancel your purchase.
- This is at the discretion of the retailer who may impose restrictions on eligible coupons that can be applied to your purchase.
- The purchase contains an item or more that is not eligible for cash back. The pending cash back will be canceled or your credited amount will be reversed, even if you did not cancel your purchase.
- This is at the discretion of the retailer who may impose offer exclusions in the offer details.
- There is an error that Ibotta received from the retailer. This may happen by accident on the retailer's side resulting in incorrect information about your Ibotta offer cash back.
- If you receive a canceled message and did not cancel your purchase and did not apply any coupons, please write our Team who can assist you with your cash back.
A pending offer can be reversed but should not affect your account balance as the cash back hasn't been received. Earnings can also be reversed which will affect your account balance for the amount of the offer. A bonus that is associated with a reversed Online Shopping offer can also be reversed which will have an effect on your account balance if the bonus is found to not be completed.
In any case, please save your confirmation email for reference and if you need to write our Team, be sure to include that in your message.