Preferred Partners make it easy to earn with Ibotta by submitting an electronic version of your receipt for credit. Prior to shopping and in order to receive credit, your loyalty card or account must be linked to your Ibotta account.
There are a couple of reasons why you may have trouble linking your card or account to Ibotta.
- Your account is already linked to an existing Ibotta account.
- Even if you and your spouse have separate Ibotta accounts and do separate shopping, your joint loyalty account can only be linked to one of your accounts.
- SOLUTION: Ask whomever wants to also link your joint account to obtain their own loyalty account or decide which Ibotta account will be the only account to redeem at this retailer.
- Most of us don't have our physical loyalty card anymore and must rely on the information that we have. Often, your loyalty card presented on your receipt is short a number or more.
- SOLUTION: Visit your local store's customer service department to ask for the number in its entirety. You can also create or log into your online account with the retailer, which is sometimes linked to your loyalty account, view your account information and enter the entire loyalty card information.
- "Failed", "There was an error", and bright red writing can be frustrating, but we're here to help!
- SOLUTION: Double check the information that you have entered, including email and password. There may also be a connection issue with the retailer partner or our system; refresh the app and try again.
NOTE: The Ibotta Care Team has limited availability to link and unlink your account. Also, if your loyalty card or account is already in use, our team is unable to search for your account.