The goal of multi-factor authentication is to act as a security check-up to provide a secure Ibotta experience.
When you create an Ibotta account, we collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
When you take certain actions within the Ibotta app, you will be asked to confirm the above information for your security. You may be prompted to send a verification code to either the phone number or email address associated with your account.
- Authentication is required on both the Ibotta app and website.
- Verification codes are valid for 30 minutes upon receipt, and are sent promptly to your chosen delivery method (phone or email).
- Be sure to check your Spam folder if you choose email as your delivery method.
- Phone verification is only compatible with native texting apps, not with third-party texting apps.
- This security measure is in addition to the verification required when withdrawing your Ibotta earnings.
Ibotta General Education