NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. GIVEAWAY IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THE GIVEAWAY IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER IBOTTA’S $2K GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY (THE “GIVEAWAY”). PRIOR TO ENTERING THE “GIVEAWAY”, PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES. AN ENTRANT MUST AGREE TO ACCEPT AND COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GIVEAWAY. BY ENTERING OR ATTEMPTING TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY AN ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. IN ADDITION, AN ENTRANT WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ALL INTERPRETATIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL.
GIVEAWAY IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY IF YOU ARE NOT PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. AN ENTRANT MUST BE EIGHTEEN YEARS (18) OF AGE OR OLDER
- Eligibility: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (the “eligible geographic area”), who are physically located therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, as of the date of their participation and entry. This Giveaway and any web sites, web pages, and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the eligible geographic area. Entries received from individuals residing outside the eligible geographic area, or where restricted or prohibited by law or individuals who are not legal residents of an eligible geographic area will be disqualified. Employees of Ibotta, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Universal Promotions, Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, advertising agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Giveaway and members of their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win
- Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor is Ibotta, Inc., 1801 California Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80202. The Administrator is Universal Promotions, Inc., 980 Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15234. The Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Giveaway are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway.
- Timing: The Giveaway begins on 12/10/18 at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on 12/24/18 at 11:59:59 p.m. MST (the “Giveaway Period”). Ibotta’s computer clock is the official time-keeping device in this Giveaway for the Ibotta Application Entry Method and Administrator’s clock is the official time-keeping device in this Giveaway for the Website Entry Method.
How to Enter Giveaway: There are two (2) entry methods (described below). All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Ibotta Application Entry Method: Sponsor will send a Giveaway communication to pre-select individuals (each an “Ibotta User”) who are active and have a registered Ibotta Application Account, by 12:00 a.m. MST on 12/9/18. The Ibotta User can enter the Giveaway by: a) using his or her Ibotta Application (“Ibotta”) to redeem rebates; b) reaching the twenty dollars ($20) or more threshold to redeem cash from his or her Ibotta Account; and c) withdrawing his or her earnings by purchasing a gift card through Ibotta. Terms and Conditions apply to purchasing of gift cards. See ibotta.com for details. Once an Ibotta User has successfully withdrawn his or her cash and purchased a gift card he or she will receive an entry into the Giveaway. There is a limit of one (1) Ibotta Application Entry Method per Ibotta User.
- Website Entry Method: To enter the Giveaway without receiving a Giveaway Communication from Sponsor, a person can enter the Giveaway by visiting https://universal-promotions.com/sweeps/2kgiftcard and following the online instructions to complete and successfully submit an online entry form. There is a limit of one (1) Website Entry Method per person.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the Giveaway, regardless of method of entry.
- Entry Screening, Entrant Verification and Restrictions: Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to screen and verify persons who enter the Giveaway via the Ibotta Application Entry Method and Website Entry Method, hereinafter referred to as Entrants and their method of entry, hereinafter referred to as entry or entries, and in their sole discretion Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, remove any entry it deems as unacceptable or fails to adhere to these Official Rules. Sponsor and Administrator are not obligated to notify Entrants of their actions to remove or disqualify any entry. Entrants agree if his or her entry is contested in any manner for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor, or Administrator may disqualify that entry and discontinue use without notification and Entrants agree if any entry is contested in any manner for any reason whatsoever, Entrants will not contest the decision of Sponsor or Administrator and that such decision shall be final.
Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of compliance with these Official Rules, including without limitation, proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to Sponsor and Administrator. Entrants are not permitted to use another person’s identity, email address or another person’s Ibotta Account, nor can an Entrant share the same Ibotta Account or email address to enter the Giveaway. If a person is found using another person’s identity, email address or Ibotta Account he or she will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant using the Ibotta App Entry Method, entry will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder of the Ibotta Account, identified with the entry submission, regardless of the person that submitted the entry. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple Entrants using or having the same Ibotta Account the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Ibotta Account at the time of entry submission will be deemed to be the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to deem that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Ibotta Account. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or any organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event an Entrant wins a prize and is later found to be in violation of these Official Rules, Entrant will be required to forfeit the prize or, if the violation is discovered after the prize winner has used or redeemed his or her prize, to reimburse Sponsor for the stated retail value (“RV”) of the prize listed in these Official Rules.
- Non Capture of Entry: In the event that for any reason whatsoever an Entrant’s entry, or any portion thereof, is not captured in accordance with these Official Rules, whether through no fault of Entrant or otherwise, including but not limited to as a result of the effects of hackers or the failure of any electronic equipment, or human intervention, computer or cellular transmission, or network connections, any such attempted entry submissions will become null and void and Sponsor shall have no duty to advise Entrant, to allow Entrant to resubmit, or any liability for such failure in any respect; all of which Entrant hereby waives to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Specifically without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in addition, Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, illegal, intercepted, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, destroyed, mutilated, unintelligible or not received entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations, in transmissions of entries. If an Entrant does not follow the stated entry method instructions above, or his or her entry was not received for any reason whatsoever, his or her entry will be viewed as not captured. All entries that are not captured for any reason whatsoever will be disqualified from the Giveaway. Proof of sending an entry will not be deemed to be proof of an entry, nor will it be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor, or Administrator.
- Limitations and Non-Authorized Means of Entry and Tampering: Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number prizes herein. An entry obtained outside of an authorized, legitimate channel of method of entry as described in these Official Rules will be disqualified from Giveaway. Entrants are not permitted to use any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Giveaway. If it is suspected or discovered by the Sponsor or Administrator (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by Sponsor or Administrator) that any person has attempted, or has used any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Giveaway; then he or she may be disqualified from the Giveaway in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or Administrator. The use of automated software or unauthorized computer programs to register for Sponsor’s Giveaway is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person found or suspected of, tampering with the entry process, or the operation of this Giveaway, or interferes with the proper entry of this Giveaway, or is acting in violation of these Official Rules, or is acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or is acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other persons will be disqualified. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE THIS GIVEAWAY OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure by the Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Drawing Date: On or about 12/28/18, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) Prize Winner, of all eligible entries.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of Winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period.
- Grand Prize: There will be one (1) prize awarded. Prize Winner will receive two thousand dollars ($2,000) awarded in the form of a check by the Administrator. Prize winner must accept the prize being awarded or prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to alternate prize winner. Terms and conditions apply to claiming a prize. Prize is non-transferable in whole or in part except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to prize upon being awarded and Sponsor does not have any obligation or responsibility to replace prize if lost, damaged or stolen. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees, costs, or additional charges that may result from an Entrant and/or prize winner participating in the Giveaway or being awarded and receiving and using a prize.
- Additional Giveaway Entry Conditions: Entrant grants to Sponsor, or any representative acting on behalf of Sponsor the right to use all information related to the Giveaway, for marketing purposes, administration of Giveaway, or any other purpose Sponsor believes may be of interest to Entrant about products and services offered by Sponsor, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor assumes no liability for any entries submitted into the Giveaway that violate these Official Rules, nor does Sponsor assume any liability for infringement or invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in an Entrant’s name, email address, Ibotta Account information or the inability of a potential prize winner to receive notification. If for any reason whatsoever data is not available to contact a potential prize winner, his or her entry will become null and void and the potential prize winner will be disqualified from the Giveaway.
- License to Use Submitted Materials and Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By participating and submitting an entry, Entrant agrees that Entrant’s entry submission is gratuitous and is made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone, without any compensation to Entrant. Entrant further grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the entry (with or without Entrant’s name) in any media now known or later developed throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from Entrant, or any other party on Entrant’s behalf. Entrants and prize winner acknowledge and agree their entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to promote and otherwise use the entries in any way Sponsor sees fit as permitted by law.
- Prize Winner Notification and Requirements to Become a Prize Winner: Prize winner will be potential prize winner until Administrator confirms his or her prize winner status. Sponsor or Administrator will notify the potential prize winner by sending an email to the email address associated with his or her Ibotta Account or submitted on his or her online form. The potential prize winner who has been notified that his or her entry was selected to receive a prize will be required to complete an IRS W-9 Form (the “W-9”). The potential prize winner must complete the W-9 and successfully submit the W-9 to Administrator by the date stated and prior to being declared a prize winner and receiving a prize. In the event the potential prize winner is a lawful permanent immigrant resident, he or she will need to submit a USCIS number or an Immigrant Registration Number to the Administrator. In the event a potential prize winner fails to adhere to instructions given by Sponsor or Administrator or fails to complete and submit his or her W-9 to Administrator, the potential prize winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway and ineligible to claim a prize or receive any type of compensation. In Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, a selected entry of the potential prize winner will be disqualified from the Giveaway if a potential prize winner: a) is unreachable or unresponsive to notification or attempted notification; or b) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize or any component of the prize for any reason; or c) does not meet eligibility requirements; or d) has failed to comply with these Official Rules; or e) submits a response after the allocated response by date. If the potential prize winner is disqualified from the Giveaway for any reason whatsoever, he or she will be required to forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to modify the notification process. Prize winner must continue to comply with the Official Rules and receiving a prize is contingent upon abiding and accepting the Official Rules and fulfilling all of Sponsor’s or Administrator’s instructions.
- Entrant and Prize Winner Release of Publicity Rights: By entering Giveaway or accepting a prize, Entrant and prize winner agree to allow Sponsor or a representative acting on Sponsor’s behalf the perpetual right to use Entrant’s and prize winner’s entry, geographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and comments for Giveaway, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, by any and all means, devices, processes and technology, and in all language and in all media, now known or hereafter invented, contemplated or devised, including, without limitation, the internet, television, film, video cassettes, video discs and other audio-video devices, and radio broadcast and print publications for advertising, promotional, regulatory compliance and/or other purposes related to Giveaway without notice to prize winner, without credit and without compensation or obligation except where prohibited by law.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING AND ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY ENTRANTS, PRIZE WINNER, AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES (INCLUDING EMOTIONAL DISTRESS), FROM ANY AND ALL CAUSE OF ACTION, LIABILITIES, SUITS, CLAIMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THIRD PARTY CLAIMS THAT MAY BE MADE AGAINST ENTRANTS, AND CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, POSSESSION OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY PUBLICITY OR OTHER PUBLIC EXPOSURE OF ENTRANT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS CONCERNING INFRINGEMENT OR INVASION OF ENTRANT’S PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, OR DEFAMATION, OR ACTS UNDERTAKEN IN PREPARATION FOR, OR PARTICIPATION IN, THE GIVEAWAY, AND LOSSES AND/OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, NOTIFICATION, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GIVEAWAY PROMOTION OR ANY GIVEAWAY PROMOTION OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES. ENTRANT ASSUMES LIABILITY FOR INJURIES CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY, OR BY THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF, OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZE. The Released Parties shall not have any obligation, responsibility or liability, including but not limited to any responsibility to provide compensation or award any prize to any individual, whether or not an Entrant, with regard to: (1) Entries that are forged, falsified or altered or contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Rules; (2) Entries and/or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, unrecorded, damaged, garbled, or misdirected, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communication devices or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entry materials, loss or otherwise; (3) Electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in an Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone or data transmission systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or any technical problem; (4) Any technical or human errors resulting in errors of printing of Giveaway advertisement, administration of Giveaway, potential prize winner Giveaway notification, announcement of Giveaway prize winner or prize, or any errors of any kind that may result in the selection and notification of a prize winner; (5) Entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Giveaway or claiming a prize; (6) Any inability of a prize winner to accept the prize in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever; (7) If a prize cannot be awarded to a prize winner due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, threats of or actual terrorism, weather, war, fire, labor dispute or strike, civil disturbance, riot, transportation interruption or any similar event or cause beyond the Released Parties reasonable control; (8) Human error, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate or non-capture or mis-entry of any information of an entry; (9) Any Entrant, prize winner or any other person for damage to such person’s computer or its contents or mobile device; and 10) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms, and denial of service attacks). Entrants and attempted entrants acknowledge that he or she will release and hold harmless Released Parties from any liabilities for but not limited to any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and if applicable the condition and features of a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any errors pertaining to this Giveaway for any reason whatsoever. If for any reason whatsoever the Giveaway (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned due to but not limited to, computer virus, worm, bug, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other causes which in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity, fairness, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the discretion of only the Sponsor, reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway and determine a prize winner from entries already received or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, by participating, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, administration, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant and Sponsor shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of actions arising out of, or connected with the Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. By entering the Giveaway, all Entrants agree to be subject to jurisdiction in the Federal and State courts of Colorado and agree that all disputes relating in any way to this Giveaway must be resolved in the courts of Colorado. Entrants agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Severability and Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
- Tax Information: The value of a prize may be taxable as income to a prize winner. Prize winner is solely responsible, at his or her own costs, for all matters relating to the prize, including but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes. It is the sole responsibility of the prize winner to seek independent counsel regarding tax implications.
- Winners List: To obtain the prize winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Universal Promotions, Inc., 980 Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15234; Attn: Ibotta’s $2K Gift Card Giveaway Winners List. Requests must be received by March 30, 2019.
- Official Rules: For a copy of Official Rules visit https://universal-promotions.com/sweeps/2kgiftcard. If any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor and Administrator are final.