Ibotta Text Alerts Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE, TEXT OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR TEXT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. IBOTTA TEXT ALERTS SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. PRIOR TO ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES, AN ENTRANT MUST READ THESE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES.
BY ENTERING OR ATTEMPTING TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico (the “eligible geographic area”), who are physically located therein, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Entries received from individuals residing outside the eligible geographic area, or where restricted or prohibited by law, or
individuals who are not legal residents of an eligible geographic area, or individuals who are not eligible as described above, will be disqualified. Employees of Ibotta, Inc. and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, Universal Promotions, Inc. and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes and members of their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each
such employee are not eligible to participate or win.
1. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor is Ibotta, Inc., 1801 California Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80202. The Administrator is Universal Promotions, Inc., 980 Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15234. The Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all
matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 4/20/2020 on or about 12:00 a.m. MST and ends on 5/31/2020 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter Sweepstakes: There are two (2) ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period:
a. Enter by Joining Ibotta’s Text Alerts. To join Ibotta’s text alerts go online and provide your email address and mobile number and agree to receive text alerts from Ibotta, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in Ibotta’s SMS Terms and Conditions found at https://home.ibotta.com/sms-terms. You will then be sent a text message from Ibotta (short code 68316) and you must reply to the text to confirm your subscription to Ibotta text alerts. Once you join Ibotta’s text alerts you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must remain a member of Ibotta’s text
alerts throughout the Sweepstakes Period or the entry will be void. Standard message and data rates apply; other charges (including for wireless Internet access) may also apply to all mobile website users. Be sure to check your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE entering via text.
b. Website Entry Method. To enter the Sweepstakes without texting and without joining Ibotta’s text alerts, you must visit www.universal-promotions.com/sweeps/ibottatext and follow the online instructions to complete and successfully submit an online form. Entrant must complete the online form with Entrant’s full name, physical address, valid email address, and check the box “I agree to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules.” When you complete a website entry form you will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes, regardless of method of entry. All entries and Entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of compliance with these Official Rules, including without
limitation, proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to Sponsor and Administrator (including without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entrants are not permitted to use another person’s identity or another person’s email address or mobile number, nor can an entrant share the same email address or mobile number to enter the Sweepstakes. If a person is found using another person’s identity or email address or mobile number, he or she will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, entry will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder
of the email address or mobile number identified with the entry submission, regardless of the person that submitted the entry. In the event an Entrant wins a prize and is later found to be in violation of these Official Rules, Entrant will be required to forfeit the prize or, if the violation is discovered after the prize winner has used or redeemed his or her prize, to reimburse Sponsor for the stated ARV of the prize listed in these Official Rules.
4. Non Capture of Entry and Entry Errors: In the event that for any reason whatsoever an Entrant’s entry, or any portion thereof, is not captured as a full submission in accordance with these Official Rules, whether through no fault of Entrant or otherwise, including but not limited to as a result of the effects of hackers or the failure of any electronic equipment, or human intervention, computer or cellular transmission, or network connections, any such attempted entry submissions will
become null and void and Sponsor shall have no duty to advise Entrant, to allow Entrant to resubmit, or any liability for such failure in any respect; all of which Entrant hereby waives to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Specifically without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in addition Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, illegal, intercepted, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, destroyed, mutilated, unintelligible or not received entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations, in transmissions of entries. If an Entrant does not follow one of the entry method instructions as stated above, his or her entry will be viewed as not captured as a full submission. All entries that are not captured as a full submission for any reason whatsoever will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Proof of sending an entry will not be deemed to be proof as a full submission entry nor will it be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
5. Limitations, Non-Authorized Means of Entry and Tampering: There is a limit of one prize per household. An entry obtained outside of an authorized, legitimate channel of method of entry as described in these Official Rules will be disqualified from Sweepstakes. Entrants are not permitted to use any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Sweepstakes. If it is suspected or discovered by the Sponsor
or Administrator (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by Sponsor or Administrator) that any person has attempted, or has used any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Sweepstakes; then he or she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or Administrator. The use of automated software or unauthorized computer programs to register for Sponsor’s Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to
disqualify any person found or suspected of, tampering with the entry process, or the operation of this Sweepstakes, or interferes with the proper entry of this Sweepstakes, or is acting in violation of these Official Rules, or is acting in a nonsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or is acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other persons will be disqualified. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure by the Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
6. Drawing Date and Number of Prize Winners: On or about 6/3/2020 Administrator will conduct a random drawing to select five (5) grand prize winners. Limit of one prize per person.
7. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Additional Sweepstakes Entry Conditions: Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be deleted, canceled or modified by an Entrant. Entrant grants to Sponsor, or any representative acting on behalf of Sponsor the right to use all information related to the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes, administration of Sweepstakes, or any other purpose Sponsor believes may be of interest to Entrant about products and services offered by Sponsor, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor assumes no liability for any entries submitted into the Sweepstakes that violate these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes in an Entrant’s contact information nor is Sponsor or Administrator responsible for the inability of a potential prize winner to receive notification by Sponsor or Administrator. If for any reason whatsoever data is not available to contact a potential prize winner, his or her entry will become null and void and the potential prize winner will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
9. Grand Prizes: Five (5) grand prizes will be awarded. Each prize winner will receive five thousand dollars ($5,000). The total ARV of all prizes being awarded is twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000). Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of a prize will not be awarded to a prize winner. Prize winner must accept the prize being awarded or prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to alternate prize winner. Terms and conditions may apply to claiming a prize. Prizes are non-transferable in whole or in part except at the discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution or cash redemption except at the discretion of Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, to substitute a prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Prize winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to prize upon being awarded and Sponsor does not have any obligation or responsibility to replace prize if lost, damaged
or stolen. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees, costs, or additional charges that may result from an Entrant and/or prize winner participating in the Sweepstakes or being awarded and receiving and using a prize. Prizes will be fulfilled within four (4) to six (6) weeks after prize winner is finalized. Prizes will not be shipped to P.O. Boxes; a prize winner must provide Sponsor with a physical address to ship his or her prize. Shipped prizes will not be insured. Sponsor nor Administrator will assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected prize. Prizes cannot be returned or exchanged. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, Sponsor nor Administrator have made nor in any manner are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize thereof, including but not limited to its quality, condition, appearance, safety or performance.
10. Potential Prize Winner Notification and Requirements to Become a Prize Winner: Prize winner will be considered to be potential prize winner until Administrator confirms his or her prize winner status. Entrant grants Sponsor the ability in its sole discretion to announce the names or any identifiable information of an Entrant/potential prize winner on its Website, or in any other form of public communication. Administrator will notify the potential prize winners by email or SMS. SMS
will come from Sponsor’s short code and include instructions that potential prize winner must complete before he or she can be declared a prize winner and eligible to claim a prize. In the event it is determined that there are multiple prize winners from the same household regardless if a potential prize winner has been declared a prize winner, the first potential eligible prize winner to respond to the notification will be declared the prize winner from that household, provided he or she has
met the eligibility requirements and agrees to be bound to these Official Rules. In the event the potential prize winner fails to adhere to Sponsor’s or Administrator’s notifications or any instructions given by Sponsor or Administrator, the potential prize winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and ineligible to claim a prize or receive any type of compensation. In Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, a selected entry of a potential prize winner will be disqualified from the
Sweepstakes and not eligible to receive a prize if a potential prize winner: a) is unreachable or unresponsive to notification or attempted notification within 3 days of notification, unless another time is stated in the notification; or b) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize or any component of the prize for any reason; or c) does not meet eligibility requirements; or d) has failed to comply with these Official Rules; or e) submits a response after the allocated response by date. If a potential prize winner or a declared prize winner is disqualified from the Sweepstakes for any reason whatsoever,
he or she will be required to forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to modify the notification process. Prize winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules and receiving a prize is contingent upon abiding and accepting the Official Rules and fulfilling all of Sponsor’s or Administrator’s instructions.
11. Prize Winner Release of Publicity Rights: By accepting a prize, prize winner agrees to allow Sponsor or a representative acting on Sponsor’s behalf the perpetual right to use prize winner’s geographical information, email address, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statement for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times,
by any and all means, devices, processes and technology, and in all language and in all media, now known or hereafter invented, contemplated or devised, including, without limitation, the internet, television, film, video cassettes, video discs and other audio-video devices, and radio broadcast and print publications for advertising, promotional, regulatory compliance and/or other purposes related to Sweepstakes without notice to prize winner, without credit and without compensation or obligation except where prohibited by law.
12. Compliance to Official Rules: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SUCH ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE IBOTTA APP. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF ANY ENTRY ENTRANT SUBMITS NOR WILL RELEASED PARTIES ASSUME ANY LIABILITY BECAUSE OF AN ENTRANT USING OR MISUSING THE IBOTTA APP. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. By submission of an entry, Entrant warrants and represents he or she has met these Sweepstakes eligibility requirements and unconditionally accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator.
13. Assumption of Risk Release: In consideration for entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees and acknowledges he or she ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any related activity and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify the Released Parties.
14. Release and Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS, PRIZE WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES (INCLUDING EMOTIONAL DISTRESS), FROM ANY AND ALL CAUSE OF ACTION, LIABILITIES,
SUITS, CLAIMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THIRD PARTY CLAIMS THAT MAY BE MADE AGAINST ENTRANTS, AND CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, POSSESSION OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY PUBLICITY OR OTHER PUBLIC EXPOSURE OF ENTRANT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS CONCERNING INFRINGEMENT OR INVASION OF ENTRANT’S PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, OR DEFAMATION, OR ACTS UNDERTAKEN IN PREPARATION FOR, OR PARTICIPATION IN, THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND LOSSES AND/OR
DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, NOTIFICATION, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES. ENTRANT ASSUMES LIABILITY FOR INJURIES CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR BY THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF, OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZE. The Released Parties shall not have any obligation, responsibility or liability, including but not limited to any
responsibility to provide compensation or award any prize to an Entrant, with regard to: (1) Entries that are forged, falsified or altered or contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Rules; (2) Entries and/or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, unrecorded, damaged, garbled, or misdirected, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communication devices or
transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entry materials, loss or otherwise; (3) Electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in an Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone or data transmission systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any
error omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or any technical problem; (4) Any technical or human errors resulting in errors of printing of Sweepstakes offer, administration of Sweepstakes, potential prize winner Sweepstakes notification, announcement of Sweepstakes prize winner and/or prize, or any errors of any kind that may result from Sweepstakes; (5) Entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering
or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming a prize; (6) Any inability of a prize winner to accept the prize in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever; (7) If a prize cannot be awarded to a prize winner due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, threats of or actual terrorism, weather, war, fire, labor dispute or strike, civil disturbance, riot, transportation interruption or any similar event or cause beyond the Released Parties reasonable control; (8) Human error,
unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate or non-capture or mis-entry of any information and/or of an entry; and (9) Any Entrant, prize winner or any other person for damage to such person’s computer or its contents or mobile device. Entrants and prize winners acknowledge that they will release and hold harmless Released Parties from any liabilities, and for but not limited to any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and the condition and features of a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any errors pertaining to this Sweepstakes for any reason whatsoever. If for any reason whatsoever the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned due to but not limited to, computer virus, worm, bug, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other causes which in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity, fairness, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the discretion of only the Sponsor, reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and determine the prize winner from entries already received or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, by participating, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, administration, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant and Sponsor shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of
actions arising out of, or connected with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorney’s fees; (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other
damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. By entering the Sweepstakes, all Entrants agree to be subject to jurisdiction in the Federal and State courts of Colorado and agree that all disputes relating in any way to this Sweepstakes must be resolved in the courts of Colorado. Entrants agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
16. Severability and Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
17. Tax Information: The value of a prize may be taxable as income to a prize winner. Prize winner is solely responsible, at his or her own costs, for all matters relating to the prize, including but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes. It is the sole responsibility of the prize winner to seek independent counsel regarding tax implications.
19. Winners List: To obtain the prize winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Universal Promotions, Inc., 980 Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15234; Attn: Ibotta's Text Alerts Sweepstakes, Cash Back Sweepstakes- Winners List. Requests must be received by 9/1/2020.