Online Shopping offers are really exciting because you can get cash back for shopping at your favorite online retailers.
Since redeeming Online Shopping is very different in comparison to Ibotta's traditional receipt redemption, here are some popular FAQs to help guide you. The questions are not comprehensive. If you are curious about Online Shopping and don't see an answer here, please write our Care Team and they will be happy to help you.
Do I need to verify anything?
- Nope! When you start with Ibotta to complete your Online Shopping purchase, you will tap "Shop" for the offer and be taken to the website or app. You won't need to verify your purchase but we suggest checking the offer exclusions prior to purchase.
- We suggest holding on to your confirmation email, shipping notifications and order confirmations until your cash back posts. There may be an instance that we will need to review your documentation and holding on to this information helps us expedite the process.
How long does it take to get cash back for my Online Shopping purchase?
- Each retailer and each offer has a different pending period. The pending period can be found in the offer details by tapping the offer that you want to redeem. When looking at your earnings details, note that the Average Pending Period listed tells you how much time you have remaining before your account is updated.
Can I make multiple purchases from the same retailer?
- Yes! Each Online Shopping offer can be used multiple times for your purchase. Before each purchase, start in Ibotta by tapping shop. You will navigate to the retailer's app or website, via Ibotta, before you start shopping or complete your purchase. When you do this, it ensures that there is a link between Ibotta and the retailer so that you can receive cash back for your purchase.
What if my online retailer has specific item offers also?
- For some retailers, there may be "item level offers" within the online retailer page. You will not need to add these offers to your account. However, if you purchase these items, you will automatically receive cash back for those offers when the overall online retailer offer is given.
Can I get online cash back for offers I see available in-store on the app?
- No. Offers marked as available in-store are only available when you purchase in the brick-and-mortar store. Likewise, offers available only when shopping online or via the web browser are only redeemable for online purchasing.
Do Online Shopping offers have exclusions?
- Yes. Each retailer and each offer has different exclusions regarding what is eligible for cash back and what is not. The exclusions can be found in the offer details by tapping the offer that you want to redeem.
Do Online Shopping purchases count towards bonuses?
- Yes. Online Shopping purchases will apply to bonuses and will award the bonus when the pending period has completed. For more information about bonuses related to Online Shopping, check here.
Am I able to cancel or return my Online Shopping purchase?
- Absolutely! If you receive cash back for a purchase that is returned or canceled, the cash back and any applicable bonuses will be removed from your account (aka, reversed). If you have a pending credit for a purchase that is returned or canceled, we will remove the pending credit when we receive notification from the retailer.
Will I get cash back for an Online Shopping purchase that did not start in Ibotta?
- Purchases made with a partner retailer that did not start in the Ibotta app are not eligible for cash back. Even if you don't make a purchase, it's a good habit to always start in Ibotta to ensure that you receive cash back when you do make a purchase.
I am trying to make a purchase at an Online Shopping retailer, but it is not going through. What's happening?
- Most likely, the cause relates to versions of the Ibotta app and partner app. Both the Ibotta app and the partner app (for example, Drizly) must be updated to the latest versions for best results. Please update Ibotta and the desired partner app to the latest versions, refresh the apps, and restart the process.
- If you can access the partner app or website but cannot check out, please try removing the partner app from your device. Sometimes having the partner app disrupts the connection between Ibotta and the partner site and removing the partner app usually resolves the issue.
IMPORTANT: Online Shopping offers are only valid when the online retailer's website or app is launched from Ibotta. Purchases made outside this linked process are not eligible for cash back.