The app may look a little different for some–these new features will help you find all of the best content while providing a personalized experience.
If you're looking for bonuses, trying to link a loyalty account, or want to shop by category, head over to the new Explore page. Here you can find your bonus progress, search retailer pages to link accounts, and discover more ways to earn cash back!
This also means that some articles in the Help Center may not apply to this new app experience. These new features may not be visible to all Savers yet.
You can earn cash back on your entire order by shopping online at your favorite retailers.
How do I shop online?
From your phone
1. Go to the Online shopping category in the app and search for your favorite retailers
2. Tap the online retailer page
3. Tap the offer amount to review the offer details and exclusions
4. Tap Shop on the offer
1. Log in to Ibotta.com on your computer
2. Search your favorite retailer using the search bar at the top or by the Shop by category section
3. Click the online retailer page and review the offer details and exclusions
4. Click the Activate & shop button
From a retailers site
1. If you have the Ibotta browser extension installed, go straight to your favorite retailer’s site
2. Activate the Ibotta browser extension to see if there are any offers
How do I get cash back when I shop online?
Please remember to read the offer details by clicking on the offer to review exclusions. Whichever way you shop, you should receive cash back on eligible offers within 7 days of receiving your order or completing the service.
Online shopping purchases will be placed in a pending period for varying amounts of time, depending on the retailer.
The pending period allows Ibotta to verify your purchase with the retailer and abides by their return or processing period before issuing offer cash back.
Online Shopping is...
- An opportunity to receive cash back for online/web purchases made on your device.
- A percent (%) cash back offer on your total purchase.
- Available at a variety of retailers including ride services, and travel booking.
- Shopping with a retailer that may or may not have actual stores and receiving cash back for your purchase.
- A way to link from the Ibotta app to a partner app OR online web experience prior to making your purchase.
Online Shopping is not...
- Making a purchase online and then sending your receipt for cash back.
- Available for all retailers within the app that have actual stores.
- Making a purchase on your desktop without Ibotta.com and/or the Ibotta browser extension.
- Making a purchase over the phone.
Have additional questions? You can find more information about online shopping here.