What is a pending period?
A pending period is a length of time, in days, that your completed offer is placed on hold until Ibotta can verify your purchase. A pending period usually coincides with a return or exchange period and varies depending on the retailer.
Will a pending period affect my bonus?
A bonus pending period is usually affected by Online Shopping offers, as Online Shopping bonuses are awarded when the pending period is completed. This means that if your purchase was made today and it has an up to 45-day pending period, your bonus will also be pending for up to 45 days. The bonus will not be given on the day that the purchase was made.
- If a bonus requires more than one offer qualification, you will not see the bonus’s progress update until the online shopping offer’s pending period has completed and cash back has been posted to your account balance.
- If your purchase is canceled or returned, your bonus may not complete or may be reversed.
- The pending period does not impact your eligibility to receive a bonus or the amount of the bonus.
- You will still receive the bonus if the purchase was made during the bonus redemption period, even if the pending period is up to 90 days.
- The bonus will also be pending, similar to the offer, however, you will not see the bonus in your pending earnings.
*The pending period for a specific offer can be found in the offer details.
The pending period is "up to X days", therefore some purchases may post earlier than the pending period's completion. Also, a pending period will start on the day that your purchase posts to your account as pending rather than the day that the purchase was made.