Redeeming offers with our Online Shopping retailers is different than redeeming an in-store offer.
It is different because you will create an electronic link between Ibotta and the online retailer. Ibotta will receive information about your purchase and you will not need to submit a receipt.
Follow these steps to redeem an Online Shopping offer:
- Locate the specific Online Shopping retailer in your app.
- On the retailer page, there may be one or multiple offers. Locate the offer that you want to redeem and tap the teal "Shop" button.
- You will be taken to a web experience within Ibotta OR to the mobile app (if you have it installed).
- Browse, shop, and make your purchase, being sure not to leave the web experience or the partner app at any time.
- If you leave the app or the web experience, please go back to Ibotta and start the process again. This ensures that there is a link between Ibotta and the retailer.
- Once you have completed your purchase, go back to Ibotta and you should receive a "Welcome Back" screen.
- Check the offer details for any special guidelines about when the purchase should post and the pending period.
A few tips for a smoother rewarded shopping experience with our online retailers:
- Most partners exclude the use of additional coupons. These exclusions will also be listed in the offer details.
- Signing into any partner accounts, such as your Amazon account, or payment accounts, such as PayPal, prior to launching your offer through Ibotta will help streamline the purchase process.
- For each of our travel partners, note that the pending period on your offer begins once you have completed your reservation, rental, or stay.
- For most online retailers, items placed in your shopping cart prior to launch are not eligible for cash back through Ibotta.