Get cash back from your computer with the Ibotta browser extension!
Earn on 500+ exclusive offers for grocery pickup and delivery. Plus, get cash back when you shop online at hundreds of retailers.
How it works
- Download the Ibotta browser extension. From the Ibotta browser extension page, add the extension to your Chrome or Firefox browser. (Edge90 is not currently supported.)
- Log in to your Ibotta account. Log in to the browser extension with your Ibotta account email address. this should be the same credentials you use to log in to the app.
- Activate cash back. The extension window will pop up every time you visit a supported website. Click Activate in the extension window to activate cash back on most supported sites.
- Shop online and find offers. From your computer, shop and pay as you normally would. Find cash back offers in the extension window.
- Earn cash back. That’s it! We’ll send you an email when the pending period is complete and cash back is added to your earnings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Ibotta browser extension with other coupons or promo codes?
No. Coupons or promo codes can’t be combined with cash back offers, bonuses, or rewards.
Which browser does the extension work on?
The Ibotta browser extension is available on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, only.
Where does the Ibotta browser extension work?
The extension works at over 500 popular retailers. Sign in and go to the Retailers page to see our list of supported browser extension retailers.
Will I get cash back on my entire purchase at every retailer?
At most retailers, you will receive cash back on your purchase, excluding fees and shipping. However, some retailers have category restrictions on the types of products that qualify. Be sure to check the Exclusions and Limitations details before placing your order.
Does the Ibotta browser extension work with grocery pickup and delivery?
Yes, you can earn on hundreds of grocery offers at popular grocery stores and delivery services.
Why can't I see every offers from the app on the browser extension?
Offers available on the app may not be accessible through the browser extension, and vice versa. Some offers are available only through the Browser Extension, some offers are only available for in-store purchasing, and some are available on both.
Why does the Ibotta browser extension say there is no cash back at a retailer?
If you see this message on a shopping site, it means we don’t currently have an offer for that retailer, but another one may be added in the future. See all current Ibotta browser extension retailers here.
When will I get my cash back from using the extension?
Cash back will be added to your earnings once the pending period is complete. The pending state allows Ibotta to verify your purchase with the retailer and abide by their return or processing period. Check the offer details to see how long purchases from your retailer are supposed to be pending.
How do I withdraw my earnings?
Once you reach the $20 minimum, you can withdraw your earnings via the Ibotta app.
Why does the Ibotta browser extension say that I’m logged out?
The Ibotta browser extension only works when you are logged in to an Ibotta account. If you’re new to Ibotta, you can create a new Ibotta account here. If you recently logged out of the Ibotta website or the Ibotta app, you may have been logged out of the browser extension. This helps us keep your account safe and secure. You can log back into the Ibotta browser extension here.
Is my data and information secure on the Ibotta browser extension?
Yes. Ibotta uses industry-leading security practices to ensure your personal information is safe, always. For more details, see our Security and privacy page.
We appreciate you trying our newest way to earn! If you have further questions, please contact our Care team and thanks for earning with Ibotta.
Ibotta Browser Extension