Submit a receipt through the Ibotta app to earn cash back on purchases made in-store at brick-and-mortar locations.
Here’s how to submit a receipt to earn cash back on in-store purchases:
- Add (+) offers to your Your List
- Purchase the products on Your List at an eligible in-store retailer
- Collect the physical receipt printed on the in-store retailer's POS system
- In the Ibotta app, tap Redeem on the navigation bar
- Select the retailer that you are submitting a receipt for
- Take a picture(s) of your receipt
- Use the tips on the screen to position the top and sides of the receipt
- Tap the shutter button at the bottom of the screen to take a photo
- If you have a long receipt, tap Long receipt? Add section and take photos of the rest of the receipt
- Tap Submit receipt to submit the photos of your receipt
- Tap Yes, submit to finish submitting your receipt
- Tap Never mind to retake any photos
- Tap "Add # offers"
- If prompted through pop-up, have your purchased items ready and scan the products' barcodes to verify the item counts toward your offers.
Tips for taking useable pictures of your receipt:
- While taking a picture of your receipt…
- Place the receipt on a smooth flat surface,
- Take the picture straight on, and
- Eliminate any shadowing on the receipt as best you can.
- Include all the information on the receipt in your pictures. Don’t worry if you take pictures of overlapping sections!
- If you have very long receipts that exceed the limit of 15 photos, you may omit sections of the receipt that do not include Ibotta offers. Please do include all receipt pictures with the following required information:
- retailer logo
- total after-tax
- date of purchase
- and any portions of the receipt which show Ibotta offers you want to redeem
Tip: Ibotta recommends holding onto your physical receipts until you receive ALL offer cash back.
Looking for Ibotta Help, but Faster?
Every day our savers find fast assistance in the Ibotta Community. Check it out to see if your question might be answered more immediately by other Ibotta users. Search your topic or log in to leave a question for the Community. Replies typically come through in a few hours or less!
Ibotta General Education