The following may cause a reversal of earnings:
Ineligible items or receipts
If the purchase contains an item or a receipt that is not eligible for cash back, the pending cash back may be adjusted, canceled, or reversed even if you did not return or cancel your purchase.
- Item eligibility is at the discretion of the retailer who may impose offer exclusions in the offer details.
- For receipt eligibility, see What are receipt qualifications for in-store offers?
A retailer error may report incorrect information to Ibotta about your order.
- If you receive a canceled message or an earnings reversal and did not return or cancel your purchase and did not apply any coupons, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot.
If your purchase was returned in full, your pending earnings will be canceled or your cash back amount will be reversed.
- If a portion of your purchase was returned, it is possible that the entire purchase will appear as canceled. If that happens, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot. We can assist you with the remainder of the purchase which was not returned and is still eligible for cash back. It may also be possible that your pending or posted earnings will be adjusted for the returned item, in which case you will not need to submit a request to our team.
- If any or all of your purchase needs to be exchanged, we suggest starting the process in the Ibotta app if possible. If your purchase is reversed or canceled after an exchange, please submit a request to our team using Carlotta, our automated chat bot.
If an Online Shopping purchase was canceled, the pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed.
Excluded coupons or discounts
If your purchase includes excluded coupons or discounts, the pending cash back will be canceled or your earnings amount will be reversed, even if you did not cancel your purchase.
Please note, a retailer may impose restrictions on eligible coupons that can be applied to your purchase.
- Please note, a retailer may impose restrictions on eligible coupons that can be applied to your purchase.
How and why was my bonus reversed?
Similar to offers, a completed bonus can also be reversed. Bonuses can be reversed if an offer that completed the bonus has been reversed. Bonus reversals may occur up to a month or more after purchase because of returns, cancelations, excluded coupons or discounts, ineligible items or receipts, or retailer error. To review bonus details, see How do I keep track of Bonuses?
What happens when a pending offer is reversed?
A pending offer can be reversed and cash back will be canceled, but this should not affect your account balance.
What should I do if I have any additional reversal issues?
For additional help, open a request with our chat bot. Once you work through the troubleshooting steps, be sure to include your receipt or confirmation email for reference!