Changing your password can be done through the app or on our website.
If you need to change your password, no matter if you forgot it or want to update it for security, please follow the steps below.
For users who set up their Ibotta accounts with Facebook, you actually do not have a password yet and will need to create one. Please follow the steps for "I do not know my password".
To reset, change, or create your password:
- Log out of the app if you have not done so already [Tap Account on the navigation bar, tap Settings, tap Log Out in the top right].
- If you are changing your password on a desk or laptop, go to ibotta.com and click Log In, click Forgot Password, and enter your email address. Then proceed to Step 3.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Log In.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap I forgot my password. Enter your account email address and tap Reset Password.
- You will receive an email from Ibotta within 10 minutes that includes a link to reset your password.
- If you do not receive the email to reset your password within 20 minutes of requesting the email, please write our Care Team at email@example.com for immediate assistance. There may be a block or hold on your email address that we will need to clear for you.
- Tap or click the link within the email and you will be redirected to a web browser. In the web browser, you will enter and confirm your new password. Don't forget save it!
Once your new password has been saved, you can log back into your account within the app or on the website. Be sure to save your new password before navigating away from the web page or your new password will not be saved.