When you verify your phone number, you are adding an extra layer of security to your account.
Follow these steps to verify your phone number:
- Tap Account (on the Navigation Bar), tap Settings.
- Tap Withdraw Cash.
- Choose your method of withdrawal.
- Tap Verify Phone Number and enter your number, including the area code. Tap Send Verification Code.
- Your device will immediately receive an SMS text message that includes a 7-digit number. Type this code into the available field, then tap Verify.
- If you are having trouble retrieving the verification code, please check here.
Phone Verification FAQ:
- How will Ibotta use my phone number?
- Ibotta will only use your phone number for phone verification. We’ll never share your number with any other party, or text you promotional content without your explicit consent. Ibotta will never call you.
- Will I be charged for Ibotta's text message?
- No. Outside of normal/standard data and text messaging rates associated with your device plan, Ibotta will not charge you to receive a verification text code.
- What if I enter the wrong number?
- Your phone number won’t be saved to your account until it’s verified. If you enter the wrong number, just follow the prompts in the app to enter the number again.
- How often will I need to verify my phone number?
- Although you shouldn’t have to verify your phone number on a regular basis, we may ask you to re-verify your phone number based on your app activity in order to keep your account safe.
- What if I need to change the number linked to my account?
- Please contact Ibotta Care to update the phone number associated with your account.