When you verify your phone number, you are adding an extra layer of security to your account when you withdraw your earnings.
If you would like to know more about phone verification, please check here.
Follow these steps to verify your phone number:
- Tap Account (on the Navigation Bar), tap Settings.
- Tap Withdraw Cash.
- Select your method of withdrawal.
- Tap Verify Phone Number and enter your number, including the area code. Tap Send Verification Code.
- Your device will immediately receive an SMS text message that includes a 7 digit number. Type this code into the available field, then tap Verify.
- If you are having trouble retrieving the verification code, please check here.
- Once the verification is successful, you will receive a "Device Verified" notification. Your phone has been successfully verified in our system and you are now able to withdraw your earnings.
Phone Verification FAQ:
- Will Ibotta call or text me?
- No. Outside of phone verification, Ibotta will never share your number with any other party, call you, or text you, for reasons other than phone verification.
- Will I be charged to receive Ibotta's text message?
- No. Outside of normal/standard data and text messaging rates associated with your device plan, Ibotta will not charge you to receive a verification text code.
- What if I enter the wrong number?
- Not to worry. If you mistype your phone number, you won't be able to receive the verification code, and therefore, will not be able to link the incorrect number.
- How often will I need to verify my phone number?
- Although we do not know a specific measure of time that you will need to verify and re-verify your number, you can expect to re-verify your number once a month.
- What if I need to change the number linked to my account?
- Please write our Care Team who will verify the currently linked number with you and then assist you with removing the old number. Once the old number is removed, you can add the new number.
- What if I do not remember the number currently linked to my account?
- We hope that you remember your number and remember to change it in Ibotta if ever needed. Unfortunately, if you do not remember the phone number currently linked to your account, our Team cannot make any changes to the phone number. Remember, linking a phone number to your account is a security measure and providing the correct phone number is similar to providing a password; if you cannot provide the number, we cannot make changes.