When you send a receipt to Ibotta, you will link offers to your receipt so that you can receive cash back for those offers on the receipt.
Linking offers to a receipt is different than adding offers to your account. Linking offers is a part of the process of sending us a receipt to redeem specific offers. Adding offers is the action of tapping the plus sign of offers that you intend to redeem in the future.
After you have taken pictures of your receipt or scanned the barcode on the receipt, the app will attempt to match offers that have been added to your account to offers that it reads on your receipt. Depending on the information on the receipt, the app may automatically match all, some, or none of your offers. You will then either verify the offers or manually link any that are missing.
To link an offer to a receipt:
- Take pictures of your paper receipt.
- Select the offer from the list of available offers.
- Adjust the quantity if necessary.
- Scan the barcode(s) if requested.
- Once you have linked the offers to your receipt, complete the process and we'll review your purchase within 48 hours.
Offers & Redeeming Offers