Earning cash back at Dollar General in-store, pickup & delivery, or online is easier than ever when you link your account!
When you link your Dollar General account to Ibotta, you will earn cash back automatically whether you shop in-store, or make grocery orders for pickup & delivery.
Link your account
- From the Dollar General retailer page within the Ibotta app, tap Link account
- Sign into your Dollar General account OR sign up if you do not have one
- Once you have successfully signed into your Dollar General account, you will be redirected back to Ibotta and see a confirmation that you are linked
That's it—you’re successfully linked to Ibotta!
How to shop
1. Add your offers
For in-store or online grocery offers, navigate to the Dollar General retailer and add (+) Dollar General offers to Your list prior to shopping.
2. Shop for your offers
3. Complete your purchase
For in-store purchases, enter the phone number associated with your Dollar General account when you checkout.
For online, or grocery pickup & delivery purchases, ensure you’re logged into your linked Dollar General account before completing your purchase.
4. Get cash back
Product offer cash back will be added to your account within 24 hours of receiving your grocery pickup & delivery purchase, or within 24 hours of in-store checkout!
Additionally, bonus cash back will be earned according to the time your order was placed or completed. You can check your order status for any delivery updates.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Q: Will I be able to submit an in-store paper receipt?
A: As of 05/22/23, submitting in-store paper receipts to Dollar General for cash back is permanently unavailable. To continue earning, please ensure you’re using app version 6.182.0 or greater and link your Dollar General account to Ibotta today, we’ll do all the work!
Q: Is there a minimum Ibotta app version required to link my Dollar General account with Ibotta?
A: Please ensure you're using the latest app version to enjoy a more seamless Dollar General shopping experience. If you’re not using app version 6.182.0 or greater, you may not see the Dollar General in-store retailer in the app anymore.
Q: Why am I seeing an error message when I try to link my Dollar General account?
A: If you are seeing an error message when you are trying to link your Dollar General account, please try the following:
- Verify you have already created a Dollar General account. If you don't already have one, you'll want to create one. You can create one from the Dollar General retailer page in the app and tap Create Account.
- Verify you are entering your correct Dollar General login credentials. If you need to verify your Dollar General account details, you can go to http://www.dollargeneral.com/sign-in.
Q: Can I link my Dollar General account to more than one Ibotta account?
A: Unfortunately, only one Dollar General account can be linked to one Ibotta account at a time. If you see an error informing you that your Dollar General account is already linked to an Ibotta account, you have two options:
- You can simply create a new Dollar General account and link it to your Ibotta account. Please be sure you are creating a new account using a phone number not already associated with a Dollar General account.
- If your Dollar General account is currently linked to another Ibotta account, you can unlink and then re-link to your desired Ibotta account.
Q: My account shows that it's linked, but I'm not seeing cash back on my purchases.
A: Please verify that you met the following criteria:
- Your Dollar General account was linked prior to the purchase, not after.
- If you went shopping in-store, you entered the phone number associated with your Dollar General account at checkout.
- If you went shopping online, you were logged into your linked Dollar General account when you placed the order.
If you still don't see cash back 72 hours after receiving your purchase, chat with Carlotta, our Ibotta Care chatbot here: I am missing cash back at Dollar General.
Q: Will this experience be available on ibotta.com?
A: Yes, this experience will be available on ibotta.com and you will be able to earn cash back on Dollar General grocery offers just like in the Ibotta app.
Please check out this helpful article for more information: Ibotta and Dollar General: What you need to know
Ibotta can't access your personal Dollar General data. Only your purchase data is shared with us so we can give you cash back. We will only receive information related to which purchases were made at Dollar General and do not include payment information. This connection is secure and no additional data is shared with Ibotta.
Offers & Earning Cash Back