You can submit your Walmart in-store receipt by scanning the barcode located at the bottom of the paper receipt after adding your offers to your Walmart list.
When you shop in-store at Walmart, you will be provided an itemized receipt printed at the register. This paper receipt will have a barcode with a TC#, a set of numbers associated with your transaction, printed at the bottom of your receipt.
This receipt is what you will submit to Ibotta for cash back. Itemized paper receipts cannot be submitted on the web or desktop and must be submitted using the Ibotta app.
How to submit your receipt using the app
- Navigate to the Walmart In-store page in the app
- Tap Submit receipt
- Review the Check your list page and make sure all the items you are expecting cash back for are on your list. You can tap Go back and add offers if you need to add more offers to Your list
Tap Upload receipt and scan the receipt barcode
- If you are unable to scan the barcode, you may tap No barcode? Enter TC# and manually enter this information instead
- The TC# is a set of numbers associated with your transaction and printed above the barcode
- Review your Verified offers
- If any offers are missing, tap Verify more offers and manually verify any offers that were missing
- If your offer is still missing it will need to be added to Your list, search and add more offers in the Search all offers at (retailer) search bar
- After verifying your matched offers, tap Collect $X for X offer(s)
- Your receipt will be sent to Ibotta for review
- Get cash back within 72 hours
Ibotta recommends saving your paper receipts until you receive your cash back.
Can I resubmit my Walmart receipt if I forget an offer?
Yes! If your Walmart account is not already linked with Ibotta, you will have 24 hours to resubmit it if you forgot to add an offer the first time.
Unfortunately, if your account is linked, you will not be able to resubmit your receipt for offers you forgot the first time. Be sure to add desired offers to Your list before completing future purchases.
If you are trying to submit your paper Walmart receipt and the system tells you it has already been submitted, it means your Walmart account is already connected to our Ibotta system.
See the article, How does my linked account earn cash back at Walmart for more information.
If you receive a technical error message when scanning or manually entering your Walmart receipt barcode, please try again in a few hours and check out this helpful article for troubleshooting: Help: I am having a technical issue.
If you would like more step-by-step help, chat with Carlotta, our Ibotta Care chatbot here: I need help with a Walmart receipt error message.
Offers & Earning Cash Back