Earning cash back at Walmart in-store, Pickup, Delivery, or online is easier than ever when you link your Walmart account!
When you link your Walmart account to Ibotta, you will earn cash back automatically whether you shop in-store, make online grocery orders for pickup, or delivery.
Link your account
- From the Walmart retailer page within the Ibotta app, tap Link account
- Enter your existing Walmart credentials and tap Sign In OR sign up for a Walmart account if you do not have one.
- Once signed in, you will be prompted to add a credit or debit card if you currently do not have one already added to your Walmart account.
That's it, you’re successfully linked to Ibotta!
How to shop
1. Add your offers
Add (+) offers to Your Walmart List prior to shopping.
2. Shop for your offers
For online, or pickup / delivery purchases, get cash back on offers by starting with the Walmart Online page in the app or on your computer.
3. Pay with a connected card
Use either your Walmart Pay account through the Walmart App or the credit/debit card saved to your Walmart account to receive cash back on your selected offers.
4. Get cash back
Cash back will be added to your account within minutes of receiving your online grocery purchase, and within minutes of in-store checkout! Additionally, bonuses will be credited according to the time of pickup or delivery. You can check your order status for any delivery updates.
- Did you shop with cash or an unconnected payment? You can still earn cash back by uploading receipts. See how, here.
- If you are trying to submit your paper Walmart receipts and the system tells you it has already been submitted, it means your Walmart account is already connected to our Ibotta system.
- If you do not see the Walmart purchase pending or complete in your Ibotta account, your Walmart account may be linked to a previous (possibly inactive) Ibotta account. You will need to remove the link from the old account, or use a new Walmart Account to earn cash back.
- If you get an error that states “Something went wrong, please try again” on Walmart.com through Ibotta, try logging in directly with Walmart.com in your browser. You can find support for connecting a payment method and other connectivity issues via https://www.walmart.com/help
We will only receive information related to which purchases were made at Walmart, this does not include payment information. This purchase data is shared with Ibotta so that we can match qualifying offers and give you cash back. This connection is secure and no additional data is shared with Ibotta.
Some purchase data is shared with Ibotta based on the credit or debit card saved to your Walmart account. If one credit or debit card is saved to multiple Walmart accounts, and those Walmart accounts are both linked to an Ibotta account, then cash back could go to any Ibotta account, but not multiple. To prevent this, we recommend using a unique credit or debit card saved to your Walmart account or disconnecting one of the Walmart accounts from Ibotta.
Looking for Ibotta Help, but Faster?
Every day our savers find fast assistance in the Ibotta Community. Check it out to see if your question might be answered more immediately by other Ibotta users. Search your topic or log in to leave a question for the Community. Replies typically come through in a few hours or less!
Offers & Earning Cash Back